Tuesday, May 26, 2009

When Pete's the star, put him on agenda!

I am so not happy with the City of Brentwood.
It cost me 43 minutes of my life Tuesday night after a fast 35-minute City Commission meeting.
You see, it's like this: Pete Schutt, one of my all-time favorite people in Brentwood and beyond, was elevated tonight to the ranks of country music legend Eddy Arnold, the mayors of Brentwood, England and a very few other esteemed individuals.
Mayor Betsy Crossley presented Pete with a proclamation and a key to the city.
Was it on the agenda? Did they announce it to media outlets, especially ones as big and important as BrentWord? The answer would be no. So did I have a camera? No. Did Kiri Walton from the Williamson Herald? No. Was Williamson A.M. there? No.
Before I knew it, Pete's up there getting proclamated and there's nary a cameraman to capture the historic moment. After the meeting I took a few shots on my new-but-not-yet-web-connected cell phone but had no idea how to download them to my computer.
That's where the 43 minutes comes in.
As a faithful Sprint subscriber for almost 10 years, I gave it every benefit of the doubt tonight, checking out the User's Guide first and then the website (as directed in the User's Guide). I even tried live chat with online adviser Bryan J.
But do you see a picture of Pete, or his proclamation, or his key here? Let's just say that I'm not a happy camper right now.
But like John Paul Jones, I have not yet begun to fight. Check back Wednesday for details from the short but intriguing meeting ... and hopefully a few pics of Pete.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Pete! You are a loyal resident who never misses a Brentwood city commission meeting.
    You so deserve this special recognition! Thank you Pete for all you have done to help make Brentwood a GREAT place to live.

    Peggy Howell

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.