Monday, May 4, 2009

Third incumbent sends shoutout to all

Not wanting to miss the opportunity, Regina Smithson called tonight after a long day of last-minute campaigning and getting ready for Election Day tomorrow to see if she still had time to send in a message to voters. "Sure!" I said. Here is her note.

Regina Smithson:
I would like to tell the residents of Brentwood how much I have enjoyed serving as a Brentwood Commissioner for the past 18 years. I believe serving the community is a wonderful thing in any capacity. The volunteers, the staff, the past commissioners and my fellow commissioners have been caring, professional and hard working, making Brentwood what it is today.
This election has brought attention to the fact that Brentwood is a GREAT place to live. All the candidates have indicated how they love what is here and want to be a part of what happens in the future. All of them have been very gracious making the campaign so much easier. With the economy being the major issue I feel the experience I have will be even more important in this major slow down.
I would ask every resident of Brentwood to get out and vote. A high price has been paid and continues to be paid for this privilege. You have four (4) votes in this election -- I am asking for one of them. I hope you think I deserve it. Please vote for me, Regina Smithson and continue to keep Brentwood on track. Thank you again for the confidence you have shown in me. I am asking to continue to serve you and I will keep my campaign promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.