Monday, May 4, 2009

Candidates ask for your vote

Today I am offering each of the candidates vying for one of four seats on the Brentwood City Commission the opportunity to "speak" to the voters. Below are the messages I have received so far. Check back as the day goes on for more as they arrive.

Natalie Mertie:
This campaign has been an eye opening event for me. I assumed that some our commissioners were just dedicated citizens who enjoyed the limelight. I have certainly found that is not the situation. To function as the very best commissioner,I've discovered that your time belongs to Brentwood! I've taken phone calls at home about paving of streets, past commissioner decisions, eminent domain, senior citizen housing etc.,etc. I've attended workshops and seminars and vast numbers of community meetings. All this has shown me that to be a commissioner requires a vast amount of energy. I have that energy. I also have the DESIRE to make Brentwood an even better place. We are all grateful to our incumbants for their work in the past,but now is the time for a fresh approach to our new sets of problems: traffic, Town Center, diminishing sales tax. I am that candidate. A vote for Natalie Mertie reflects the thinking voter's decision to move ahead,not look behind us resting on past accomplishments.Remember you can vote for FOUR candidates. Choose Natalie Mertie as one of those Fabulous Four!

Paul Webb:
I am asking for your vote because I have experience in dealing with budgets, personnel, logistics and what it takes to make any business or government agency operate. Brentwood is not isolated from the recession. As a CPA, I will be looking at ways to maintain our city services and quality of life without a tax increase.
I will continue to listen to the concerns of the citizens and make decisions based upon the information available to me so that I may make the best choice possible for all of Brentwood. I care about Brentwood’s future. My record of involvement in the community helps me better understand the needs and wishes of Brentwood.

Rhea Little III:
Tomorrow Brentwood will determine the direction that we will take going from this point into the future. Being blessed to live in a nation where we have the right to vote for our leadership, it is important for us to both cherish and utilize that right. Having a long heritage in Brentwood, it has been a wonderful experience catching up with many friends and family, while also meeting and getting to know so many new residents as I have enjoyed the many activities involved in this campaign. As I have met and talked with Brentwood's citizens, it is amazing to me how we are blessed with so many high-caliber individuals. Because of the people who make up this community, I only see prosperity for Brentwood if we harness our energies in a unified way towards establishing Brentwood as one of the foremost cities in the United States. Please vote for Rhea Little for City Commission on May 5, 2009, for Brentwood's Bright Future!

Devin McClendon:
As the campaign concludes, my personal thanks to all who have voted, will vote, have offered support, volunteered or even watched or attended a candidate forum. Our election process is alive and well in Brentwood.
When you go to the polls tomorrow, please consider a vote for the future of Brentwood by voting Devin McClendon. My knowledge of and commitment to Brentwood is strong. I will serve our city with an eye for the future but with a knowledge and respect for the past. I will always keep an open mind and encourage new ideas while taking a proactive approach to Brentwood’s future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.