Friday, May 15, 2009

No internet's no fun

If you were in town this afternoon, you know a quick hit storm hit pretty fast and furious just before 3. And it knocked out Comcast internet connections.
Not a pretty picture for at least one friend, who's real job depends on the internet connection in her home office in Brentwood Hills. Not happy wouldn't begin to describe the thoughts she shared with me as she knew she was going to miss a huge deadline.
When our home internet still wasn't connecting at close to 10, I put in the requisite call to Comcast. It took awhile but finally we got help and resolution.
Life is good again. Now, tell me again how we survived without the internet?
***
What did I miss while I was disconnected? Well, among other things I learned that a big pancake breakfast is planned next month at O'Charley's to benefit the DARE program in our schools. Details will be hot off the griddle as soon as I get them.
***
Have BrentWord worthy news to share? Just email it to brentword@comcast.net and be sure to include your name and telephone number. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.