Monday, July 6, 2009

Tragic weekend drains fun from 4th

For once, I'm glad to write there's no close Brentwood connection, at least that I'm aware of.
I'm referring, of course, to the weekend deaths of former Tennessee Titan Steve McNair and 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi. Tragic is the word I keep repeating to myself whenever I see, hear or read a new account. The deaths -- and the circumstances that came before them -- are tragic not only for the victims but to those left behind. There is no "Bless their hearts..." or good way to spin this.
To McNair's and Kazemi's families, friends, former teammates (many of whom do call Brentwood home) and fans, my condolences and prayers.
Again we were so clearly reminded that life can be far too short. So let's all hug our kids, call our Mamas and make lists of anything we would like to do, or change, or take back before we leave this earth.
Let's hope, too, that the current run of celebrity losses gives way to some bright and happy news as we enter a new week. I'll be on the lookout for it. If you have some good news to share, let me know so I can spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.