Tuesday, July 28, 2009

City offers $1000 reward

Vandals strike in Brenthaven,
Brentwood Pointe
neighborhoods


This just in from Police Chief Ricky Watson following a BrentWord query this morning on reported vandalism in Brenthaven:
We had approximately 30 mailboxes in the Brenthaven area and several cars windows broken in Brentwood Pointe. The City of Brentwood is going to offer a $1000 reward for information that results in the arrest and conviction of these suspects.

For those who are not familiar with the events, here is information I received this morning from several readers regarding the vandalism:
The Brenthaven entrance sign on Moores Lane at Covington was damaged, Jill Burgin emails. "It is intact but I can see a spot at the bottom where it looks like it was hit as they came in from Moores Lane. ... I can see cracks and damage from something like a bat."
And from reader Marie Ashburn, who shares this note from Dean Power:
"...There have been several mail boxes vandalized over the past few weeks around Maryland Lane and Covington Drive. ... On July 18 around 2:30 AM, I heard what sounded like teenage boys outside. By the time I got up I did not see anyone but the next morning I noticed our mail box and our neighbors mail boxes had been damaged. I did let Brentwood police know about this.
"Then this morning as I was leaving for work I noticed several mail boxes on Covington had been completely torn off their mounts.
"So parents if you have any young children out at night running around the neighborhood, remind them that destroying mail boxes is a serious offense."

If you have any information on these incidents, contact the Brentwood Police Department at 371-0160.

1 comment:

  1. Kids have too much time on their hands. I remember working when I was young.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.