Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ransacked home stuns Brentwood family

Dead bolts don't stop burglars from entering
On Tuesday shortly after noon, a Brentwood mom and her young son arrived at their home off of Liberty Church Road near Edmondson Elementary School. She soon discovered that drawers in the master bedroom had been torn apart and "lots of stuff" was on the floor. She went into the bathroom and closet and found more of the same.

"Once I realized it wasn't the cats making the huge mess, I hurried ... out the back door and up Liberty Church Road all while calling 911. Three police cars and two detectives came and searched the house. The front door was kicked in and two dead bolts were broken and the frame of the door was broken to pieces. They (or this person) tore apart the office which is my first room to the right when you enter. Nothing to take in there but they broke a lamp and took a huge picture down off the wall.

"Many of my drawers in my bedroom had been ransacked. Several valuable pieces of jewelry were taken, including my first engagement ring, diamond earrings, watches, (my husband's) entire valet, my big jewelry box, etc. ...

"There is a chance that they were still in the house when we arrived because the job didn't look complete and they left through the front door which is not normal...but we'll never know. What we do know is that GOD is good and (my son) and I are perfectly fine. ..."

She asked friends to forward her email to others in the community. "Lock up friends...but in this case that wouldn't have mattered. All I can say is be alert because this is an AWFUL feeling."

I can't even imagine. I have emailed Capt. Jeff Hughes at the Brentwood Police Department to get an update and will keep you informed. In the meantime, if you were in the area and remember seeing any unusual activity, please contact the Brentwood Police Department at 371-0160.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.