Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Think green and much more...

Big day for BrentWord Communications yesterday, so big in fact that it kept me from blogging (not to mention that two-hour nap late in the afternoon). So today I hope to redeem myself. Let's get started:

Calling all citizens to take survey
If you have not completed the Brentwood environmental committee's citizen survey, please take a minute now to do so. Here's the link to make it super easy:
www.brentwood-tn.org/greensurvey

And if you have questions, concerns, ideas on how the city can be more environmentally savvy and progressive, please consider attending next week's June 9 public forum hosted by the committee. It's at 6 p.m. in the Municipal Building, 5211 Maryland Way.

Today's Brentwood Journal featured a story on the committee and its work. In case you missed it, here's a link:
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090603/COUNTY0903/906030303/0/COUNTY09/Brentwood+seeks+green+ideas

Happy Birthday Madame Mayor
Rumor has it that Friday is Mayor Betsy Crossley's birthday. Hope she takes the day off of city business to enjoy herself. For instance, she could have lunch with me. And pay for it, since she stood me up when I was going to treat her to a high-dollar treat a while back.
I'm not bitter, though. Really.
See, as I walked on that 90-plus degree day with my elderly dog five miles and barefoot to the restaurant where we were supposed to meet, it came to me that a priority for the city must be sidewalks on Centerview Drive and Wilson Pike Circle. Over the past few days and weeks I've met several prominent businesspeople who work in and around those roads who agree with me.
Truly, if people could walk to the Brentwood Post Office without risking life and limb, it would really cut down on the traffic jams there. And with our new "restaurant row" at Brentwood Place, and the growing number of neat retail and eateries in Town Center, all the folks who work in the Synergy Center buildings could enjoy a shady stroll up or down Centerview if only there were sidewalks.
But in the meantime, you have two days to get your card in the mail to our new mayor. She tells me she's 72 and looks fabulous. I don't believe her (about the 72 part, that is). I think she's closer to 38 like me.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Mayor Crossley on Friday, June 5th! We love you!
    Your favorite Brentwood bassets,
    Truman & Honey Howell

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.