Friday, June 19, 2009

Sad news to share

It's with a heavy heart I share that Tim Chavez, a longtime Brentwood resident, award-winning journalist, and former Tennessean and Brentwood Journal columnist, passed away Thursday at Alive Hospice.
Tim, diagnosed with leukemia several years ago, had beaten it back, along with other health problems. But as is too often the case, it seems the cancer had more fight in it than Tim did.
Tim also had a blog, www.politicalsalsa.blogspot.com and his last post, on May 10, shares his thoughts when he learned his leukemia had returned. It's a gentle reminder to us all that life is short, often too short, and we need to appreciate those we love and the blessing of life we have each and every day.
"I never believed my leukemia would be over. The only lesson God wanted me to learn was to appreciate the moments of extra living he gave me, along with the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe and the 24/7 dedication of my heroic wife. She fought everyone from insurance companies to doctors for me. But I forgot too much of her heroics, which is to my great shame."
Please keep Tim's wife Kathi and their family and friends in your prayers.
More details to come as they become available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.