Friday, June 5, 2009

Now that I'm a CEO...

On Tuesday, my partner Kelly Gilfillan and I formalized our relationship by going to the courthouse and getting married.
OK, let me clarify that.
Kelly and I went to the Snodgrass building downtown and formally became BrentWord Communications LLC. It's the start of something we hope will be big, real big, for us and, by extension, Brentwood.
Stay tuned for details as they develop.
Now that I'm a CEO, I thought I best set the alarm for 5:30 this morning in order to attend the CEO Fellowship -- Christian Executive Officers Fellowship -- which meets weekly at Brentwood Baptist.
New ventures take capital and today's announced topic was "Business, Borrowing and the Bible" which was even more incentive to roll out of bed earlier than I usually do. Plus, George Campbell, senior corporate trainer with Financial Peace University Workplace (and a Brentwood resident) was leading the program.
Funny thing about George's program, though. It turned out it wasn't about borrowing money but about borrowing from God -- his wisdom, lessons, work ethic. I came away a wealthier person for being there, though I'm still worried about finding capital for my venture.
I'm definitely going back. If you're a business person who wants to network with like-mind people -- and can rouse yourself out of bed early on a Friday morning -- you might want to check it out too. To learn more, visit: http://www.ceofellowship.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.