Friday, June 5, 2009

A new Kroger to love

I want Thompson's Station's Kroger.
Don't get me wrong, I love our Kroger, and Harris Teeter. My executive membership at Costco has been well worth the extra bucks. And if I ever thought about Publix, I'm sure I'd love it too. (Out of sight, out of mind). But now another store has caught my fancy.
Yesterday I left the bubble to have lunch with a friend who lives in Spring Hill. Before heading north for home, I stopped in to check out the new Kroger Marketplace that recently opened on Columbia Highway.
Seriously, this is the best of Kroger, Target, and Bed Bath and Beyond all rolled into one. There's even a Fred Meyer Jewelers and Starbucks inside. Through Saturday, all of the interior furniture -- we're talking sofas, recliners, dining room sets and more -- is 10% off marked price and that includes sale prices. And almost all of the furniture I saw was on sale at great prices. If you have a new grad or newlyweds looking to set up housekeeping, it may be worth the trip down to check it out.
I almost talked myself into a great set of dishes and there were free food samples everywhere.
I could love this store. And, for once, I actually took advantage of my Kroger points and bought gas -- at $1.35 a gallon.
Given the lack of expansion space at Brentwood Place, I don't see a Kroger Marketplace in our future. But it sure would be nice.
In the meantime, I'll keep loving my 10 for $10 specials right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.