Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cool treat for cheap RIGHT NOW

"Mom, does this have nuts in it?" the little girl with a pink top and matching pink flip flops asked her mom of the ice cream cone she was licking outside of Brentwood's Baskin Robbins about 45 minutes ago.
"No," her mom said, "it doesn't have nuts but people are nuts if they don't get down here by 10 p.m. tonight for 31-cent scoop night."
OK, I made up the last part but that's what I want to tell you. Our neighborhood ice cream store is even offering FREE waffle cones. Of course, being on South Beach, I had a "no sugar added" Caramel Turtle Truffle in a cup, but let me tell you, those waffle cones smelled great. They've got the waffle iron going full steam in anticipation of the crowds.
Baskin Robbins is located in The Brentwood House shopping center, at the intersection of Franklin Road and Town Center Way.

***
How did I know about the ice cream deal? I saw the sign twirlers after I left The Perch, the new coffee bar and crepe cafe that's opened beside The Skinbar.
Unfortunately the door was locked at 5 when I tried to enter. Fortunately owner John Kressaty let me in, saying they had some house coffee left and I was welcome to a cup.
I like this place already.
Plan to go back for lunch tomorrow to talk with John and his lovely bride Heather Chandler and get the big scoop on The Perch. Too bad BR won't be offering free little scoops again on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Follow The Perch on Twitter at @ThePerchTN. They are great about twittering their specials. @Outsidethebubbl loves them!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.