Monday, April 20, 2009

Coming soon: Updates on prom, PETA and much more

Wow. What a weekend, make that two weekends in a row, in our fair city. I'm still recuperating from it all but I promise full reports as the day goes on.
For now, suffice it to say that Brentwood High's Emerald Enclave by all accounts was a success and I'm happy to report that all goldfish used in the table centerpieces survived the evening and have been adopted. No little fishes disappeared down the throats of pranksters or down the toilet at the end of the evening. PETA would be proud.
***
In these days of economic downtown, I've discovered a way to eat and drink your way through the next few weeks without spending a dime. Stay tuned for details so you can take part, and become more politically aware at the same time!
***
Bet you always thought Santa Claus drove a sleigh. But no! On Saturday I spied him in a bright red Mercedes convertible on Moore's Lane. How did I know it was him? Well, the "S Claus" license plate gave me a clue. Williamson County plates too.
Who knew he had a summer home right here in Tennessee?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcomed, but BrentWord reserves the right to delete any posts it considers in bad taste or otherwise not Brentword worthy.